Open PS2 Loader Project v0.8 is released. Open PS2 Loader (OPL) is an application designed to allow you to play your PS2 games from an Internal HDD, a connected USB device or a networked PC from either a PS2 console or a PS3 console that supports PS2 Backwards Compatibility. PS3 doesnt support Internal HDD for PS2 games.
You will need to use specialized software designed to install those games to your devices which you can backup right from your game discs or ISO's stored on your PC. Use the NavBar above to find information on formatting, game installation, compatibility and more.
How to use:
Boot the OPS2LD.ELF from any homebrew ELF Launching app like Free McBoot or uLaunchELF. Visit the forums for more info on ELF Launchers.
You need to have a retail SwapMagic 3.6+ or 3.8 disc. (currently there is no other option available)
The steps for loading Open PS2 Loader :
1. Rename OPS2LD.ELF to SMBOOT0.ELF
2. Make a folder in the root of a USB device, name it SWAPMAGIC and copy the SMBOOT0.ELF into it.
3. Launch SwapMagic in your PS3 and press UP+L1, then Open PS2 Loader should start.
SwapMagic has 4 options to run an ELF file, so you can use any of them if you have other ELFs your also using with SwapMagic.
SMBOOT0.ELF = UP + L1
SMBOOT1.ELF = UP + L2
SMBOOT2.ELF = UP + R1
SMBOOT3.ELF = UP + R2
Open PS2 Loader Project v0.8 Changelog:
* secure authentication for the SMB module (to enable security and write access)
* new GUI, fully customizable elements
* various SMB tweaks (NBSS keep-alive, small ingame speed-up)
* improved NAS support for more devices (WD MyBook, Digitus NAS, ...)
* added an embedded HDLServer into OPL to install HDD games
* various debugging output option (to help debug failing games)
* add compatibility for new external USB HDD with 1k/2k/4k cluster file
* add full compatibility for old PS2 consoles (10k JAP)
* ISO format added for USB too (still there is the 4Gb file limit, which is not present on SMB)
* new compatibility modes
* childproof mode (settings are locked)
* alternate startup mode, for loading/saving configuration files from USB and HDD (no need for MC in this case)
* added new menu to launch external ELF applications
* added VMC (Virtual Memory Card) support
* improved general compatibility (many specific games now working for the first time)
* new multi-threaded and redesigned GUI
* support for Cover, Icon and Background Art
* skinnable interface using theme
* added "rename" and "delete" functionalities for games lists